As the original Asian Med Spa in San Diego, we have perfected a synergy of treatments and products for the individual patient. Cinnabar is owned and operated by mother/daughter acupuncture team Judith and Lia Andrews, L.Ac., DAOM, Dipl.O.M., M.S. We worked hard to create a clean, tranquil environment that will sooth all your senses.
Welcome to Cinnabar Acupuncture Clinic & Spa
Our Mission is to maintain an environment where medicine is practiced with integrity and compassion; where each patient is assisted in fulfilling his/her vision of health; and where every health practitioner is fully supported in being a great healer.
The Name Cinnabar
The name Cinnabar was chosen for our clinic due to its symbolism as an agent of transformation. Cinnabar is mercury sulfide HgS. In its natural state it is deep red and solid (extreme yang). When heated cinnabar becomes liquid and silver (extreme yin). This unique quality intrigued the ancient Daoist alchemists (particularly during the Han Dynasty period 200 B.C. to 200 A.D.)
Cinnabar and gold were the most valued ingredients in ancient Daoist elixirs for immortality. Cinnabar is no longer taken internally but the ancient character for cinnabar is still synonymous with elixir, transformation, and longevity. The mineral cinnabar still symbolizes the ability of the body and spirit to transform and renew itself. For example, the energy center located in the lower abdomen used in qigong and martial arts is referred to as the cinnabar field (dan tian).
The Oath of Sun Si Miao for physicians of TCM
As a Physician of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM):
- I shall look upon those who are in grief, as if I myself have been struck and I shall sympathize with them deep in my heart.
- I will not give way to wishes and desires but develop first a marked attitude of compassion
- I shall not ponder over my own fortune or misfortune and thus preserve life and have compassion for it.
- Whoever suffers from disease and illness will be looked upon with contempt by people. I shall maintain an attitude of compassion, of sympathy, and of care. In no way shall arise an attitude of rejection.
- I shall treat all patients alike, whether powerful or humble, rich or poor, old or young, beautiful or ugly, resentful relatives or kind friends, Chinese nationals or foreigners, fools or wise men.
- I shall not emphasize my own reputation, and belittle the rest of physicians while praising my own virtue.
- Neither dangerous mountain passes, nor the time of day, netiher weather conditions nor hunger, thirst nor fatigue shall keep me from helping wholeheartedly.
With this oath, I shall fulfill my responsibilities and my destiny as a physician to each and every patient who seeks help from me, until I am no longer capable of fulfilling my obligations, or until the end of this lifetime.
Dragon Package:90 min, $95
Bikini-Ready Package: 120 min, 125
Drag in Your Grad: