Acupuncture: Our Specialties
Acupunture for Athletic Performance
- We can help:
- recover from overtraining
- increase vitality and stamina
- recover from injuries faster
Regular treatments of acupuncture, body endermologie, massage, cupping, and herbal therapy help keep the body balanced and in top form. Besides increasing vitality, we can help speed the healing of athletic injuries. Acute injuries typically require treatments every other day. Treatmments for general wellbeing or for chronic complaints can be spaced out to weekly or monthly treatments.
Acupunture for Children & Teens
- We can help:
- sports injuries
- mood swings, difficulty concentrating
- acne, skin issues
- insomnia, nightmares
- hormonal imbalances
Children and teenagers typically respond much faster than adults to acupuncture, ear & body acupressure, massage, and Chinese herbs. We offer gentle needling and acupressure. It is ideal to catch minor imbalances in childhood before they progress into more complicated and severe patterns in adulthood.
Acupunture for Digestive Health
- Acupuncture can alleviate:
- diarrhea, constipation, & IBD
- Candida (yeast infections)
- acid reflux
- constant hunger
- food cravings, eating disorders
- poor absorption
- lack of appetite
Patients with digestive concerns are treated with a combination of acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and Nutritional Counseling. Digestive concerns often complicate hormonal imbalances and stress-related conditions and are commonly treated in our clinic. Typically these cases are chronic and are treated weekly.
For cases of chronic constipation, colon hydrotherapy can be very helpful in conjunction with acupuncture and herbal therapy. We recommend Living Water Rejuvenation Centers to our patients.
- Acupuncture can help:
- improve focus and calm
- increase consciousness and awareness
- increase physical wellbeing
- greater ease with meditation
- break thrus in their yoga and other health practices
- great insight in life issues
It is unclear the exact origins of acupuncture, but Chinese culture was able to make a simple and brilliant system of the energy currents of the body and thousands of medicinals collected from all over the world. TCM is constantly adapting as people and environments change. Esoteric acupuncture is just such an evolution. It is a system developed by Mikio Sankey to specifically assist with spiritual healing.
Acupunture for Hormonal Balancing
- Examples of What We Treat:
- PMS, menstrual cramps, irregular periods, excessive bleeding, no period
- Premenopausal Symptoms: hot flashes, night sweats, forgetfulness
- Andropause Symptoms: irritability, decreased energy & stamina
- low libido and sexual dysfunction (in both men and women)
- uterine fibroids
- prostate enlargement, excessive urination
- infertility, PCOS, endometriosis
- discomforts of pregnancy: morning sickness, water retention, relaxation prior to delivery
Balanced hormones guide our bodies harmoniously through the cycle of childhood, puberty, adulthood, and maturity. Hormonal imbalance, on the other hand, can cause a great deal of distress and significantly lower our quality of life. At Cinnabar we use acupuncture along with a variety of other methods personalized to the individual such as cupping, moxibustion, massage, qigong, and Chinese herbal formulas.
Acupunture for Injuries & Chronic Pain
- Acupuncture can aid in recovery of:
- muscle strains & tension
- torn ligaments, tendons, & muscles
- slipped disk
A combination of acupuncture, herbs, cupping, and massage is employed in the treatment of injuries. These treatments speed healing by increasing local circulation, stimulating neural pathways, and reducing swelling and inflammation. Acute cases are best treated every 1-2 days until pain and swelling have gone down significantly. Chronic pain is often best treated once a week until. As the condition improves, treatments can be spaced further and further apart.
Acupunture for Mental & Emotional Healing
- Examples of what we treat:
- anxiety, depression
- ADHD, difficulty focusing, foggy-headed
- support through difficult periods of loss or transition
Our natural normal state is a kind of blissful, peaceful, contented feeling. From here we can experience our highs and lows and have a balanced place to return to. At Cinnabar Acupuncture, we treat mental and emotional concerns with acupuncure, nutrition, and Chinese herbs. Depending on the severity of the condition, treatments may be a few times a week, weekly, monthly, or every few months.
Mommy Special:90 min, $95
Lia's Book Signing: Please RSVP
Kundalini Yoga: Please RSVP
302 Skincare Ritual: 90 min, $115